Introduction to Logan Lake Disc Golf
- Currently 40+ Disc Golf courses in B.C.
- B.C. is considered a hot bed for disc golf in Canada, along with Alberta and Ontario.
- Kamloops is home to 4 courses, including championship length Rose Hill (which has been affected by the pine beetle infestation.)
- A golf course where there are usually no green fees, tee times, or expensive equipment for disc golf play.
- Disc Golf provides low cost recreational opportunities to all residents and visitors.
Logan Lake now houses ONE of the best courses in BC.
COPPER RIDGE DISC GOLF COURSE, LOGAN LAKE
Logan Lake has a challenging 18 basket course with rubber tee pads, as well as multiple tee pads and alternate basket sleeves for expanded playability. There is easy parking and washrooms at the entrance to the course. There is a picnic area at the entrance as well as the most beautiful scenery. Logan Lake already has Meadow Creek Golf course, fishing, mountain biking, ATV trails, campgrounds & other outdoor pursuits.
The BC Disc Golf Provincial was held here in Logan Lake on the weekend of August 24, 2007. This required cooperation between the Kamloops Disc Golf Club and the provincial board as well as the WHY (until a local club is formed). Logan Lake can also be considered a venue for further events i.e.: Nationals or Worlds, Senior Games, along with many winter sports as well.
The Kamloops Disc Golf Club (KDGC) hosted The Canadian 2011 Disc Golf Championships
on June 18-19 and Copper Ridge was chosen to be part of the courses in play.